Westland Bed & Border Bark is a general-purpose quality bark and is ideal for the following:
- Mulching flower beds and borders.
- Edging paths and lawns.
- Garden walkways and play-areas.
- Suitable for all beds, borders and around trees and shrubs.
- Holds moisture for longer.
- Supresses weed growth
- FSC graded, from a sustainable source
- 20-30mm in size for maximum coverage
WHY USE WESTLAND BED & BORDER BARK
- Gives an attractive and pleasing finish.
- Reduces garden maintenance by suppressing weed growth.
- Retains suitable moisture keeping your plants more healthy.
- Provides year round protection and insulation for plant roots from extremes of temperature; excessive heat in summer and damaging frosts in winter.
- Reduces the impact of heavy rain and prevents mud splashes on plants and walls, so your garden stays tidy.
- Discourages slugs and snails due to its texture.
HOW TO USE: Westland Bed & Border Bark is easily applied by hand.
BEDS & BORDERS: Prepare the border by removing all weeds and debris. Spread a layer of bark 2.5-5cm deep over the area
AFTERCARE FOR BEDS & BORDERS: Remove any annual weeds as they appear. To maintain a good mulch layer, replenish the area with fresh bark annually.
TO REDUCE PERENNIAL WEED PROBLEMS: For best results, laying a perforated plastic or fabric membrane under the bark mulch is advisable to further reduce weed problems where perennial weeds occur. Cut an X shaped hole in the membrane and plant shrubs and flowers into planting hole underneath the membrane. Spread the bark chip back under the plant canopy to cover the membrane.
LARGE PLANTERS/CONTAINERS: When planting large containers & planters, leave a 5-7cm space at top of the container or planter. Spread a 3-5cm layer of bark over the top of the compost or soil. This will provide important thermal insulation, reduce water loss and make the containers easier to water.
PLAY AREAS: Prepare the area by removing all weeds and debris. Spread a layer of bark 20-30cm deep over the area.
AFTERCARE OF PLAY AREAS: Check the play area daily and ensure that there is an even coverage of bark over the area with a minimum depth of 20cm, top up with new bark if necessary. Remove any debris and foreign matter that may have appeared in the bark. Westland Bed & Border Bark will only provide protection as an impact absorbing surface. Bed & Border Chips can be abrasive and, particularly in dry conditions, can cause scratches. It is recommended that if the bark becomes very dry that it is watered to reduce the risk of scratches